Nebraska education organization survey: 1 in 3 teachers ready to quit
LINCOLN, Neb. (WOWT) - A troubling new survey from the Nebraska State Education Association says schools across the state are experiencing a staffing shortfall, and existing staff are struggling.
Among the results the NSEA released Thursday:
- 88% of educators say their school district is experiencing a para shortage
- 97% say their school district is experiencing a substitute teacher shortage
- 74% say they have had to cover classes for a colleague
- 84% say they had an increase in student mental health concerns
- 64% have experienced an increase in personal mental health concerns
Please click here for the remainder of the article from Channel 6 News out of Omaha, NE.